How to make a chicken out of a tea towel

This week I wanted to share a bit of a silly party trick I can do, it usually gets a laugh and is a good 'trick' to teach children - making a rubber chicken out of a tea towel.

Bare with me on this one, it's like the fancy towel folding they do in hotels but in my opinion, it's a lot funnier! I learned this trick at about the age of 10 and was amazed with it for a good fortnight or so, making tea towel chickens every time I entered either our or anyone else's kitchens.

So first, you take your tea towel and roll the short edges together tightly to meet in the middle.


Next, fold the tea towel in half.

Then, pull out the centres of all four corners.

Lastly, pull the centres outwards in the opposite direction to how you folded the tea towel initially, (like the photo but the two 'free' legs would be pinched together by my other hand if I wasn't holding a camera...) For a bit more 'pizazz' you can make this a quick action to add to the theatrical intrigue of your audience...

And.... Taa Daa!! Your very own rubber chicken tea towel!!


Let me know if you try this and made someone laugh, or if you have any other tricks up your sleeve! 

Comments

Post a Comment