Gladstone Pottery Museum

So for my birthday yesterday the hubby took me to Gladstone Pottery Museum, in Stoke-On-Trent. 

Having lived in and around the Stoke-On-Trent (Potteries) area all our lives, we've been meaning to look up some of our heritage. We were pleasantly surprised by our day trip and all the cool things we were able to make!

We had a go at turning or own pots...


And making beautiful handmade flowers out of bone china...



And we also painted some figurines, taking us back to our school days! Of course, I just had to try and make mine resemble Penny the Cockapoo, and I think its a striking (if not startled!) resemblance!



The best part was that we could see how pottery was made all those years ago and got to bring home our wares at the end of the day as souvenirs. The prices are very reasonable too. On average its £6 per person to turn a pot, make a flower and decorate a small figure on top of the normal admission charge.

The food in the cafe was also really tasty and I recommend it as a good day out for all age groups!  

Like this post? Check out some of my other adventures here!


Comments