A whole year blogging and an update on what I'm currently doing

I can't believe Spring is finally here and it's been a whole year since I started blogging here at Penny Procrastinate! When I started blogging, I decided to lay out some resolutions, or ground rules in my first post, so I thought it'd be fun to review these and see how I've done! 

My three main goals were to write something every day, tone up and get organised.

Firstly, writing something every day, I'm pretty good at this one, since January, I've been keeping a diary, recording just a sentence a day about what I've done, so that I can look back in future years at a snapshot of each day. I'm also doing pretty well with my weekly blog post, and my novel is coming along slowly. There is always room for improvement and at the moment I'm just writing areas of my novel when inspiration strikes. I hope to work a little on it every day though in future!

Secondly was my goal to get toned. I've been doing a little walking recently, but since Christmas, I've felt a bit sluggish (must have been all of those mince pies!) but now the sun has begun to get stronger and with the arrival of Spring, I'm determined to get back on track with this.

Lastly, organisation. I'm not too bad on this one, I try and keep the house clean and tidy but as always... room for improvement!

In the spirit of updating you on my progress and life, here's what I'm currently doing...

Reading 'The Son of Neptune' by Rick Riordan. I'm currently working through the follow-on series to the Percy Jackson novels. It's gripping and a very good read for lovers of fantasy novels like myself.

Listening to Absolute 80's in the car on the way to work... I love it!

Laughing at the simplest of things with my hubby, it's a chuckle a minute at home sometimes!

Planning my future. We're hoping to get the house renovations finished this year in an effort to sell.

Eating lots of CHOCOLATE! Cadbury's Dairy Milk is probably one of my main weaknesses. I've been trying to balance it out with healthy meals like bulgar wheat and roasted veg. That counts... right?

Feeling lucky. That is all.

Discovering the wonders of the universe. The solar eclipse was spectacular and made me want to research some astronomy terms and phenomena. 

Looking at the eclipse, check out my cool photo below!

Wearing no coat. Yesterday was the first day I've been able to stand outside without one... Spring is definitely here!

Cooking Bulgar wheat and roasted veg. Yummy and healthy!

Wondering how many planks I need to do to get toned up. Surely a week of one-minute planks should show me some results!





Comments