Recipe of the Month: Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta

Hi guys,

It's been a fortnight since I posted, think I just needed a little holiday from the blog, but I'm back and this week I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes. It's not fancy but it's functional. A tasty and healthy meal which I tend to cook when we've been out of the house all day and are STARVING. It only takes 10 minutes and it beats tinned soup any day of the week in my opinion!

Plus it's really nice to eat cold for lunch. So I tend to cook extra for my lunchbox the following day.

The recipe only uses 4 ingredients:
Pasta (about 200g - I use wholewheat pasta as it's a little healthier)
Tinned tuna  - Spring water is again healthier than brine or oil
Small tin of sweetcorn
Light mayonnaise (about 2tbsp)
First, boil water in the kettle and once boiled tip over the pasta in the pan.
In a separate bowl, combine tuna, sweetcorn and mayonnaise and mix together.
 Once all three ingredients are combined, the mixture should look like this, don't worry if there looks to be a lot of mayonnaise, once the pasta is drained and added this will distribute around the pasta and prevent it from drying out if the meal is to be used for lunch boxes.
Once the pasta is strained I return it to the saucepan and add the tuna mix to this. Once thoroughly stirred, tip into bowls and serve.

Simple as that! Do you have any go-to recipes which are quick and simple? If you'd like to see more 10 minute meals, just drop me a comment below.

Comments